Thursday, March 15, 2007

Getting Latitude and Longitude for GMap API- The easy way

A quick update. One of the most important and the thing of frustration for anyone starting with GMap API is getting hold of desired latitude and longitude. There are many ways. I am listing here one of the easiest ways to get the latitude and longitude of desired location. Here are the steps:

  1. Go to the following site : http://www.infosports.com/m/map.htm
  2. Navigate the map till you get the desired location. For example, I required the lat and long. of Shimla. So I navigated (panned and zoomed) till I got to Shimla.
  3. Then click on the spot. In my case its Shimla. A marker would be generated at that point.
  4. click on the marker to get the latitude and the longitude. Mine is 77.16496467590332, 31.102995000257405

That’s it. If there are easier ways do share.

.

No comments: