Sunday, September 30, 2007

Why Annotations cant be used always?

That exactly what my question is. JEE 5 gives you a choice to use annotations instead of configuration files almost everywhere - even in Servlets. However, why such a facility be extended to frameworks such as JSF where I still have to use configuration files.

Frameworks including JSF needs to be compilation stage as well as configuration stage to deploy them successfully. If servlets can be deployed without configuration file(web.xml), then why such a facility is not being extended to JSF? I am leaving out Struts because its outside Sun's control. And get me wrong, I am not against configuration. My only question is when an alternative is available and such an alternative can ease development, then why is not being implemented? With that I stopping my rant.

2 comments:

Stigmata Martyr ~ said...

Hey Raj..
If you dont mind, Can you post about basic Game programming using DirectX after you've done with your research topics on Web APIs?

Thanx

Rajshekhar AP said...

Sure